It was a very fruitful day today because well, i got to visit tons of relatives by visiting 5 homes. Basically, I got in touch with my family whom i hardly meet or contact unless at special occasions such as weddings and funerals. Sad but true. I mean.. with everyone being busy with work, school or plainly just LIFE, there’s really no possible time where people can gather in 10s or 20s just chatting and eating good food. Right?
I got in touch with my Chinese heritage and tradition, which I hardly get to do so because my family aren’t your typical Chinese family because we’re too westernized in a way.. oh well~ So yep, today was a day for me to know the traditions and practises that our ancestors once had. Also, it’s just to be in touch with the elders of the family who hold so much of a family’s foundation. I don’t ever want that foundation to be lost, especially after these elders move on in life. But it’s definitely easier said than done. 🙁
So, today I learnt that family relations are important yet fragile. Fragile because these family relations can be broken so easily just by having one party not being in contact with the other. Important because family relations provide social support that we always desire and deserve. Sometimes, we don’t realise how important it is until it’s lost and cannot be found again.
Lastly, I found evidence that proves love is the greatest gift of all. What are these evidence?
1. My parents loving me and grooming me and raising me up to who i am today. Only love can provide such motivation for 23 years.
2. My cousin-in-law’s love for her children and how she unconditionally loves and educates them.
3. My newly wed cousins showing all signs of bliss and adoration.
4. My aunt who loves her sons so much that she gives them her blessings and supports them in whatever they do.
5. My cousin who wants to get married to the woman he loves but knows the importance of being able to provide the ideal lifestyle. Hence, he only decides to arrange the wedding after he is confident that he can achieve it for them.
6. My grand aunt’s love for the family such that she’s willing to be the mediator, the broadcasting channel and just being the connector to everybody, when nobody really wants to take up that job.
Love exists in different forms. You may not see these as forms of love. But I do.
I see love through their heart and their eyes.
It’s amazing. Which is why, I treasure the love that i receive from my parents and loved ones and most importantly, my Father from above. He is love. And it’s because of Him, love exists..
To God. To Love. To Happiness.
Happy Chinese New Year.